Princess Cruises To Name Newest Ship ‘Sky Princess’
Monday 4th December 2017, 10:35am
Princess Cruises has announced that it’s fourth Royal-class ship is to be named Sky Princess.
The sister ship to Royal Princess, Regal Princess and Majestic Princess is scheduled to be launched in October 2019, and will sail on a series of Mediterranean voyages. The 3,660-passenger ship will include a number of the signature elements that are featured onboard each Royal-class ship, including:
- A three-deck central Piazza-style atrium
- Multiple dining, entertainment and retail venues
- A top-deck outdoor “Movies Under the Stars” theatre
- 80 percent of all staterooms with balconies
- The adults-only sanctuary
- Camp Discovery youth and teen centres
- Dining venues including the Salty Dog Grill, Alfredo’s Pizzeria, Vines Wine Bar, Chef’s Table Lumiere and World Fresh Marketplace
Sky Princess will also include various new innovations with details to be revealed shortly.
Sky Princess’ Mediterranean voyages feature 10 departures on eight itineraries, sailing from Barcelona, Rome or Athens.
The first is a seven-day Mediterranean and Adriatic cruise from Athens to Barcelona on October 20, 2019. The voyage can be combined with the following seven-day Barcelona to Rome cruise to form a 14-day Western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley.
The season will end in November 2019 with a 14-day Spanish Passage from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale, USA, which can be combined with the previous seven-day Mediterranean cruises to form extended 21-day or 28-day Grand Adventure sailings.
Sky Princess’ Mediterranean voyages are available to book from December 14, 2017. Princess guests holding Elite status will have the opportunity to secure their booking a day earlier on December 13, 2017.