Princess Cruises to launch top-deck family zone on Caribbean-based ship
Monday 11th February 2019, 2:12pm
Princess Cruises has announced that a new family-friendly, interactive top-deck area, The Reef Family Splash Zone, will open on its 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess ship. The enhancements will be available from June as the ship sails the Caribbean.
The Reef will comprise:
· A water playground with a splash pool, assorted sprays and showers, and an interactive whale feature complete with running water from its tail
· A multi-generational game zone including oversized activities such as giant Connect Four and Jenga, with a family-friendly bar serving mocktails and cocktails
· An updated pool and jacuzzi
· A variety of new, upgraded seating and furnishings ranging from single sun loungers to outdoor sofas and tables
· New shade canopies and wind panels
· Improved audio systems and lighting to give guests a better experience during evening events
Caribbean Princess already boasts a wealth of family-friendly features, which were expanded via a multi-million pound upgrade in 2017.
They include three youth and teen clubs, each themed around Princess’ partnership with the Discovery Channel; activities and games for children such as hands-on science experiments, mini golf tournaments, talent shows and stargazing; and interconnecting staterooms for use by larger groups of family and friends.
In addition, the ship was the first in Princess’ fleet to offer the Ocean Medallion. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest, which enables features including:
· Keyless stateroom access
· A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
· On demand beverage delivery
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen, including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “At Princess Cruises we pride ourselves on offering fun, engaging and relaxing family holidays. The Reef will complement the existing line up of family-friendly venues and entertainment available on Caribbean Princess, bringing people of all ages together in one enjoyable top-deck location.
“In addition, guests sailing on Caribbean Princess will really benefit from using the Ocean Medallion. From breezing through embarkation, to being able to play a wealth of interactive games across the ship, means every family member can make the most of their time onboard with us.”
SOURCE: PRINCESS CRUISES