Princess Cruises announces expansion of Medallion-activated ships
Sunday 27th January 2019, 2:21pm
Princess Cruises has announced that three more of its ships – Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess – are to be fully Princess Medallion-activated, meaning a total of five ships in the fleet will feature the award-winning technology.
The Medallion will be available on the 3,080-guest Crown Princess in July as she sails the British Isles from Southampton and will be followed by the 3,560-guest Royal Princess in April as she departs for her maiden Alaska season.
The 3,660-guest Sky Princess, which joins the fleet in October, will be Medallion-ready when she embarks on her maiden season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. This means all of Princess’ Caribbean-based ships will have full Medallion services from this Autumn.
The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully-automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. Its features include:
· A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
· Keyless stateroom access
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
· On demand beverage delivery, whereby guests will be able to order drinks and have them delivered directly throughout the ship and to their stateroom
· OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and their children
· Easy payment for merchandise, drinks, shore excursions and other onboard services
· Access for guests to their real-time itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen, including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
· A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The three newly-announced ships will join the 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess and 3,560-guest Regal Princess, which are already Medallion-enabled.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having recently travelled on Caribbean Princess I can say first-hand that guests are finding their holidays enhanced with Princess Medallion as a new and memorable experience. This will include everyone who sails with us to the Caribbean this autumn and winter.
“Starting in April, we will continue the expansion to a total of five Princess Medallion ships expected this year, as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation. We look forward to bringing the experience to new groups for the first time, such as those sailing to destinations in Alaska and Mexico.”
SOURCE: PRINCESS CRUISES