Now Is 2019 Alaskan Cruise Peak Booking Season
Thursday 1st November 2018, 11:08am
Regent Seven Seas Cruises® finds Fall season is busiest for booking future Alaskan voyages, announces free children’s rate and new savings on pre- and post-Alaska voyage land packages.
With the 2018 Alaskan May-through-September cruise season complete, Regent Seven Seas Cruises says luxury travelers are booking its 2019 Alaskan voyages at a brisk pace. Fall is the peak season for luxury travelers to book Alaskan voyages for the following year. The majority of Regent’s 2018 Alaskan voyages were booked in October, November and December 2017.
Alaska is the premier cruise destination market in the United States, according to Travel Leaders Group’s 2018 Travel Trends Survey, a statistic consistent with Cruise Lines International Association’s (CLIA) predictions that Alaska saw 7 percent passenger growth this year. Responding to this traveler demand, Regent’s Seven Seas Mariner® is offering 17 Alaskan voyages from May 16 through Sept. 30, 2019, ranging from seven to 12 nights. During the voyages, Seven Seas Mariner cruises the Inside and Outside Passage, visiting ports in Anchorage, Icy Strait (Hoonah), Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Skagway and Wrangell, as well as the majestic Hubbard Glacier.
“Luxury travelers are increasingly interested in visiting Alaska and a cruise is truly the best way to see all of the beauty the destination offers,” says Regent Seven Seas Cruises President and CEO Jason Montague. “Guests who voyaged to Alaska over the summer return home and post their awe-inspiring pictures and stories on social media, prompting people who haven’t yet sailed to The Last Frontier to book their own luxurious Alaskan cruise for next year. It’s a trend that becomes more pronounced every year, especially in the Fall after the season ends. No camera lens, Facebook post nor tweet can truly capture the beauty and sheer awe of what it feels like to sail up close to a glacier or see an eagle soar overhead.”
To make this peak Alaska booking season even more appealing, this week Regent Seven Seas Cruises is introducing special youth rates on Alaska sailings and a special limited-time package that saves guests up to $6,000 when they combine their Alaska voyage with a pre- or post-cruise land program.
Expert-Designed Alaska Experiences
A hallmark of Regent Seven Seas Cruises is immersive land experiences that create a deep connection between the guest and the destination. Regent’s 2019 Alaskan voyages will feature guest lecturer Terry Breen, a renowned, published Alaska specialist who has been sailing the Inside Passage for over 20 years. During the voyage many immersive excursions are offered for guests to explore Alaska that are included in the voyage’s one all-inclusive price, such as:
- Mendenhall Glacier River Float, allowing guests to experience Alaska’s spectacular natural beauty on a scenic rafting adventure down the Mendenhall River, with stunning views of floating icebergs and mountain peaks.
- Tongass Rainforest Nature Hike, where the diverse flora, fauna and history of the world’s largest temperate rainforest is on display as one of Earth’s vital ecosystems.
- Ocean Raft Adventures, an exciting and memorable ocean rafting adventure in Sitka, where guests board an Adventure Raft, flying over ocean swells at speeds up to 50 m.p.h., and feel blasts of fresh air in the open seating raft. Along the way, seabirds, whales and sea otters appear en route to the ravaged volcanic coastline of Kruzof Island.
- Spasski River Valley Wildlife And Bear Search, observing bears, deer and bald eagles in their natural habitats from an elevated observation area in the remote Spasski River Valley.
- Craft Beer And Spirits Tasting Adventure, offering the chance to sample a wide selection of beers and spirits at a brewery and a distillery, both of which use glacial water and local ingredients to produce remarkably flavorful beverages.
SOURCE: REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES