Regions

Select

Popular Regions


Reset
Close Done
Cruise line

Select

Popular Cruise lines


Reset
Close Done
Departure date

Select

2026

2027

2028

Reset
Close Done
Duration

Select

Reset
Close Done
Departure port

Select

Popular Ports


Reset
Close Done
Search
Reset

Cunard Uncorks Headline Speakers for 2019 Wine Voyage

Oz Clarke, Will Lyons and Charles Metcalfe to headline Voyage du Vin on board Queen Victoria

Luxury cruise line Cunard has announced three of wine’s biggest names as the headline speakers for the second annual ‘Voyage Du Vin’, onboard Queen Victoria, setting sail this September.

As one of the three famed wine experts on the voyage, Oz Clarke is one of the world’s foremost wine connoisseurs. Clarke has written several award-winning books, and is generally regarded as leading Britain’s wine revolution in the 1990s and 2000s. Clarke has appeared on numerous radio and TV shows, including Food and Drink, the lond-running BBC Food show. He said: “Whether you’re an existing wine buff, or simply have a love of fine wine, fine holidays and good times, the Voyage Du Vin 2019 is sure to delight.

Joining Clarke, is award winning columnist and broadcaster Will Lyons, who will bring his trademark humour and down to earth style to the voyage. For more than a decade Lyons has published a weekly column on wine, formerly in the Wall Street Journal and now The Sunday Times. His humorous, informed, down-to-earth writing has been recognised in both the Glenfiddich and Roederer win writing awards.

Supporting them will be Charles Metcalfe, the International Wine Challenge’s co-chairman. One of the best-known, most spontaneous and amusing wine critics in Britain, Metcalfe presented drinks and occasionally food items for 12 years as one of the Richard and Judy team on the ITV programme, ‘This Morning’.

Along with talks from the experts, guests will experience daily wine tasting, parings and fine dining, featuring over 400 wines from 23 countries.

Following last year’s hugely successful inaugural trip, the two week voyage will see Cunard’s Queen Victoria sail to some of the leading wine regions of France, Spain & Italy including calls to Vigo, Mallorca, Livorno (for Florence) Cannes, Barcelona and Gibraltar where guests can go ashore and explore the diverse cultures, tastes and experiences each destination has to offer.

Lee Powell, VP Brand and Product, Cunard said: “Voyage du Vin will offer a unique and truly extraordinary way for wine lovers to uncork some of the world’s leading wines, while travelling in style onboard one of Cunard’s iconic ships, Queen Victoria.”

The much anticipated Voyage Du Vin 2019 will depart Southampton on 6th September, returning 14 nights later.

SOURCE: Cunard


Explore this page with AI

Reasons to Book with Vision Cruise

Family Run Business

Over 30 years of travel experience. Been there, seen that, sailed the world.

Book with confidence

Your money is safe with us, we’re ATOL & ABTA protected.

Exclusive

As a trusted company within the industry, we give the best and exclusive deals to our customers.

Trusted

As a trusted company within the industry, your cruise adventure is a breeze when booked with us.

All holidays we sell are covered by a scheme protecting your money if the supplier fails. Other services such as flights, hotels or car hire on their own may not be protected and you should ask us what protection is available. All prices on display throughout this website are based on 2 people sharing the lowest grade of inside cabin unless otherwise specified. All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.

 

Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)