River Orchid is beautifully handcrafted in French-colonial style and provides an authentic cruising experience along the Mekong River. The intimate scale of the ship—carrying no more than 58 guests—assures each guest will enjoy the most gracious and attentive service.
The River Orchid has 2 large Suites that offer every convenience needed for a comfortable journey. With hotel-style beds draped in fine linens, a choice of pillows, French doors that open onto a shared promenade, plenty of storage space, a vanity, individually controlling air-conditioning, and bottled water. Bathrooms feature comfy robes and slippers, soothing bath products, and a hair dryer.
Category 1 staterooms feature lovely French-doors that open onto a spacious promenade. All staterooms have hotel beds draped in fine linens along with a pillow menu. Other stateroom amentities include: vanity, built-in closet and safe, individual climate control and bottled water. Bathrooms are stocked with fine bath and body products, hair dryer, bathrobe, and slippers.
Category 2 staterooms feature lovely French-doors that open onto a spacious promenade. All staterooms have hotel beds draped in fine linens along with a pillow menu. Other stateroom amentities include: vanity, built-in closet and safe, individual climate control and bottled water. Bathrooms are stocked with fine bath and body products, hair dryer, bathrobe, and slippers.
Category 3 staterooms feature lovely French-doors that open onto a spacious promenade. All staterooms have hotel beds draped in fine linens along with a pillow menu. Other stateroom amentities include: vanity, built-in closet and safe, individual climate control and bottled water. Bathrooms are stocked with fine bath and body products, hair dryer, bathrobe, and slippers.
Discover the delights of new cuisines and traditional favourites with a variety of dining options sure to please even the most discerning palate.
You’ll indulge in a variety of dining options in authentic panoramic settings, so you can fully experience the culture and cuisine of the region. Asia’s many cuisines are varied and sophisticated, but your options are not confined to Vietnamese and Cambodian foods.
Meals are prepared by local chefs and consist of Western cuisine as well as Vietnamese and Cambodian cuisine.
Breakfast is served buffet style each morning. For lunch, selections include salads, soups, hot entrées and desserts. Dinner is a multi-course meal with a selection of entrées.
Free –flowing wine and beer are included with every lunch and dinner on board. Complimentary house brand spirits and soft drinks are also included throughout your cruise.
A wide range of entertainment options and cultural activities await in the ship's public areas. Peruse the onboard gift shop, sip a cool beverage on the peaceful Sun Deck, or take in a traditional Khmer dance performed by visiting Cambodian children during an evening onshore in Phnom Penh.
Sailing on a River Orchid Cruise is essentially an outdoor experience. Whilst the staterooms are very comfortable and roomy, there is just something about spending time sitting outside, on the promenade decks or on the vast observation deck above. When sailing, passengers can sit on deck and become absorbed by great panoramas as they unfold about them. Spellbound, one cannot help but to meditate upon the unceasing human and wildlife activity of these teaming water worlds.
You will visit many villages and floating markets by boarding a traditional sampan directly from your cruise ship. Onboard your sampan, you’ll often be served fresh fruits and beverages while your Cruise/Tour Manager and local experts guide you to destinations that lie off the beaten path. With a small group of no more than 20 people, you’ll enjoy authentic, immersive experiences that are designed to give you a complete understanding of the local culture and the way of life along the river. This means that whether you’re touring an astounding temple or learning about the medicinal uses of indigenous fruits and plants from local villagers, you’ll have genuine experiences every step of the way.
Cruising along the Mekong takes you back in time to another century, where the rhythms of the countryside remain unchanged. Travellers who wish to go with the flow of the river and experience a more rigorous type of adventure will find that a journey along the Mekong through Vietnam and Cambodia is certain to leave a lasting impression on both your heart and mind for years to come.
Enjoy your self with high-end luxury spa onboard, the River Orchid Cruise Spa offers head massage, foot massage and body massages in dedicated spa areas on each ship. Due to lack of space they only carry one spa lady on each ship so be sure to book in advance as they can be in good demand.
While The River Orchid will accept children 4 years of age and older as Guests, it is their long-term experience that most children do not enjoy or appreciate the river cruise/journey experience. There are no special arrangements, activities, medical facilities, or accommodations (unless noted) for children on Uniworld cruise/journey programmes.
Uniworld strives to provide a safe, enjoyable, and memorable travel experience for all passengers. Uniworld welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
• Passengers are required to advise Uniworld, in advance, of any physical, medical, or other special needs that require accommodation.
• All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. Uniworld may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. Uniworld may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
• Uniworld does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature.
• Uniworld does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. Uniworld is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received. Passengers should be aware some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, Uniworld may make arrangements with carriers, hotels and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which Uniworld has no control. Accommodations on international tours may differ from those in the United Kingdom. Uniworld cannot guarantee disability access or accommodations for passengers travelling on international tours. Uniworld may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Uniworld’s terms and conditions. Uniworld is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold Uniworld or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
Please advise the Uniworld reservation agent of specific dietary considerations and they will do their best to accommodate your request.
Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, who will be responsible for their welfare and supervision. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to guests under the legal age for alcohol consumption in the country being visited. Minors under age 18 travelling to certain foreign countries must be accompanied by both parents or have a notarised letter of consent signed by the parent(s) not travelling. If the other parent is deceased or the child has only one legal parent, a notarised statement must be obtained as proof. Adults accompanying children are responsible for their behaviour onboard and ashore.
Casual and comfortable during the day. In the evening dress is semi formal or business casual and casual elegance for ladies. For gentlemen a jacket and tie are requested for the Captain’s Dinner.
In common with international customs, it is normal to tip staff. The amount you tip is left to your discretion and should be seen as a reward for good service. If you would like a recommendation, Uniworld suggests €8 / $10-12 per person per day.
Search Options Click to remove
- Sail Date
- Best Value
- Most Popular
- Finding the latest cruises…